Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NKF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Hello, I am a new member. I am a wood worker in New Olreans, LA by trade.

    I own a pair of GPA 604 H3's. I was wondering if anyone has designed a MLTL for the H3 yet? Bill at GPA likes a 6 foot box for these. I was looking for something a little larger.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Greets!

    Not that I'm aware of, but now that there's some published specs it can be arranged, so what do you plan to drive them with, IOW what's the system output impedance? Any size limitations? Average seated ear height or some other specific driver/floor spacing? General room details and where in-room you plan to put them?


    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NKF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Hello GM, I have a pair 3.2 watt UX 210 amps with an output inpedence of 5 ohms. My room is 12 by 25 with a valted ceiling from 9 feet to 16 feet. When the room is finished it will have a cork flooring. The house is raised with wooden walls and a wood ceiling.

    At listening , the horn is at 34-36 inches ear level. I use Lp's and CD's.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NKF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    The room will for audio only so they can be placed anywhere. And its New Orleans, sorry about that.

    NKF

  5. #5
    Inactive Member chrismercurio's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2008
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    I have a pair of series 3 GPA 604's in the MLTL that GM and Jay Fisher did together. I finally got around to adding the Series resistance today and WOW! This box is about 10.5 cubic feet. I have built 3 and 4 cubic feet sealed, 6 cubic feet vented, and 10.5 cubic foot MLTL and this is far and away the best box. It also easily among the best box speakers I have ever heard. EVER. Just really F'ing big! Of course I have heard murmurs of a 20 cubic foot MLTL afoot. Maybe GM can comment?

    They are too big for me. If anyone is interested in my drivers and crossovers LMK via PM throught the forum.

    Chris

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Glad you like it! Bummer that you can't keep them though.

    Due to a variety of things I haven't done much with Nick's yet, but considering the high output impedance amp he plans to use and ability to position them as required in-room, it's looking to be around 24 ft^3..........

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NKF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Oh Yes, Big, Bad and beautiful!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NKF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2009
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Hi Chris, any photos of your speakers?

    Nick

  9. #9
    Inactive Member chrismercurio's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2008
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gpa 604 h3 mltl

    Quote Originally Posted by NKF View Post
    Hi Chris, any photos of your speakers?

    Nick
    Maybe tomorrow. They are ugly. Built as prototypes in raw MDF because it is cheap (it takes nearly 3 sheets) and machines well. I'm taking them to a friends house for a demo tomorrow evening in the Prius! One at a time of course.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.